Lead Software Engineer
Salário 15% bonus
Consultor Eduardo Trindade
Data de publicação 21 de Outubro de 2022porto-e-norte information-technology/programming-and-developing 2022-10-21 2022-12-20 it Porto PT TELECOMMUTE Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.pt https://www.robertwalters.pt/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
This is an innovative, fast-growing company, leading supplier of molecular interaction analysis systems. Their instruments are used in many research labs and their devices facilitate scientists’ data, methods and procedures. As a Lead Software Engineer, you will work in all parts of the software development lifecycle. You will also be responsible for leading a scrum team of at least 5 software engineers in designing and building software to gather and analyse data from our analytical instruments. Your role is critical in keeping us aligned with one of our core values: to be courageously innovative! Your field of activity includes the development of laboratory devices for the life science industry.
- Lead a team of software engineers, providing leadership and design direction as appropriate.
- To assist in training for internal and external personnel and mentoring of less experienced engineers
- To be responsible for designing and building software to gather and analyse data from our range of analytical instruments.
- To ensure that the software written adheres to the current codes of practice, software procedures and project life cycle methodologies.
- To solve product problems as they relate to software and related systems engineering issues.
- To work within the software team using agile methods, participating in sprint planning, sprint reviews and retrospectives.
- To acquire, maintain and disseminate knowledge of new software innovations and their potential application
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED
- Science graduate (in Computer Science, Engineering, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, or related subjects) with significant software content or equivalent experience gained in a software development environment.
- Have at least 5+ years’ experience (backend or frontend) in a software development environment
- Fluent in English.
- Experience of leading a team of Software Engineers
- Agile methodologies including Scrum, Unit Testing, Test-driven development.
- Be experienced in .Net Core C# and WPF.
ALSO GREAT TO HAVE SOME EXPERIENCE IN SOME OF THIS:
- Agile methodologies, especially Scrum
- Unit Testing
- WebAPI, Entity framework, Rest and gRPC
- High Performance Computing
- CI/CD with Azure DevOps
- Azure Cloud, Google Computing or similar platforms
- AI or Data Science experience (at least academic)
- R, Python or Julia
- Solid Skills in Statistics
- Solid Skills in Numerical Modeling
- Angular or React or similar frameworks
- Proven skills in user Experience (UX) design
- Possess excellent team-working and communication skills, with the ability to work both within a team and under own initiative.
- The ability to speak Portuguese is a plus.
WHAT WE OFFER
- A vibrant and multicultural team of committed and bright people
- A fast-learning curve in an exciting, challenging, and open environment, where you will work within an interdisciplinary team
- First-hand exposure to the life science industries, including pharma and biotechnology
- A great atmosphere, in a remote work environment.
- Potential for professional development in line with the growth of the company
If you feel that you check all the boxes and are the perfect fit for this opportunity, please feel free to contact us to this email email@example.com and send your application!
+351 926 635 794
Salário: NegotiableLocalização: PortoData de publicação: 29 de Setembro de 2022This company has a long history of developing innovative technologies and combining them with intelligent, intuitive software to produce superior yet easy-to-use instruments which deliver actionable material insight.