Senior Financial Controller
Consultor Susana Costa
Data de publicação 18 de Janeiro de 2023lisboa accounting-finance/financial-controller 2023-01-18 2023-03-19 utilities lisbon PT Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.pt https://www.robertwalters.pt/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png true
Our client, a multinational group in the renewable energy sector, is currently looking for a Senior Controller to integrate their financial department, located in Lisbon City Centre.
About the role:
Directly reporting to the Head of Finance, the Senior Controller main functions will be to:
- Develop and maintain an accounting operations and reporting infrastructures;
- Responsible for preparation of the financial, management and board reports;
- Maintain knowledge of regulatory and accounting standards to ensure compliance and meet regulatory requirements;
- Manage the annual budget and forecast process;
- Prepare monthly reports, summaries, and analysis on the needs of the Board;
- Manage capital request and budgeting processes, as well as treasury functions and cash flow analysis;
- Develop financial controls and implement processes;
- General fiscal and tax compliance knowledge to identify potential risks;
- Work closely and proactively with the accounting team to ensure a clean and timely year- end closing;
- Work with external auditors, supporting the external audit process;
- Support on the Drafting of year-end Annual Accounts;
- Implement operational best practices;
- Manage the shareholders communication process, while having the ability to collect and analyse investor feedback;
- Plan, manage and attend regulatory BoDs;
- Providing support on investors requests and analyses
For this position, we are looking for a candidate with a degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, Economics or similar and a minimum experience of 3 years in accounting, audit and financial roles with a demonstrated familiarity with accounting principles and corporate taxation and reporting.
Fluency in English (both verbal and written) are mandatory and Spanish is a plus. We look for someone with the ability to think strategically and with strong analytical and organizational skills. Proficiency with general ledger, MS Office and database systems, including Navision is a plus.
If you consider yourself to be flexible and multi-tasking, having the ability to improve current processes and achieve efficiencies, self-motivated and comfortable working with large amounts of data, while being innovative and creative thinking, this position in Lisbon City Centre is for you! Apply now!